#10: We feel good doing it.
Volunteering provides physical and mental rewards. It:
- Reduces stress: Experts report that when you focus on someone other than yourself, it interrupts usual tension-producing patterns.
- Makes you healthier: Moods and emotions, like optimism, joy, and control over one’s fate, strengthen the immune system.
#9: It saves resources.
Volunteering provides valuable community services so more money can be spent on local improvements.
- The estimated value depends on your community.
#8: We love to learn.
It helps bring us closer to the community and learn about our surrounding neighbors.
#7: It brings people together.
We love people, and we want you to be happy visiting Redland Market Village:
- Uniting people from diverse backgrounds to work toward a common goal
- Building camaraderie and teamwork
#6: It promotes personal growth and self esteem.
Understanding community needs helps foster empathy and self-efficacy.
#5: Volunteering our service strengthens your community.
As we volunteer our services we help:
- Support families (daycare and eldercare)
- Improve schools (tutoring, literacy)
- Support youth (mentoring and after-school programs)
- Beautify the community (beach and park cleanups, & more)
#4: Do you want to volunteer? You learn a lot.
Volunteers learn things like these:
- Self: Volunteers discover hidden talents that may change your view on your self worth.
- Government: Through working with local non-profit agencies, volunteers learn about the functions and operation of our government.
- Community: Volunteers gain knowledge of local resources available to solve community needs.
#3: We get a chance to give back.
Redland Market Village likes to support community resources that they use themselves or that benefit people they care about, our customers and vendors.
#2: Volunteering encourages civic responsibility.
Community service and volunteerism are an investment in our community and the people who live in it.
#1: You make a difference.
Every person & event matters!
If you have an community event or fund raiser that you want us to help you with call Rene Jr. at (305) 257-4335